Foodsafe BC’s BEST Priced Training Certification in 1 day!
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- You may change the date of your class any time up the day before the class you are already scheduled for. Please contact us to advise us of the change.
- Cancellation is available up to 2 business days before your class.
- If cancellation is less than 2 business days, we will issue a 50% refund.
- If cancellation is less than 24 hours before your class, there will be no refund.
- Substitution - if you wish someone else to take your place in the class you must contact us with your name, some method to verify your identity and the name and contact information of the substitute person. If we can't verify your identity or registration information then the substitute may not attend the class.
- Refunds - Refunds will generally be made back to the same method of payment, with the exception of E-Transfers. There will be a $2 + GST service fee for refunds via E-Transfer.
- If we cancel the class you will receive a full refund.
- If we cancel a class you may take the class at another time, no extra charge for changing your registration.
- Wait List - if the class is currently full we may place you on to the wait list. Please pay for the class online and we will let you know if there space becomes available. If you are not able to get into the class you may take the class another day, no extra charge. Sometimes we will advise you to come anyway, as there are always someone who doesn't show up.
We prefer all payments to be done online. Payment may be made online using your credit card or PayPal right from our website.
(no PayPal account required to pay with your Visa or MasterCard)
We will accept cash (exact change only-no personal checks) the day of the class, but your seat is not guaranteed until full payment is received.
Other payment options include:
- Interac E-Transfer through your bank or credit union - make payment using our email address (email@example.com), Register on our website and indicate that you paid using E-Transfer through your bank with your confirmation number in the note section of the registration.
We do not accept personal cheques at this time.
Public transit is quite easy. These buses pass directly in front of our building, get off at 8th Ave stop.
- Edmonds Sky Train Station - take bus #112 - New Westminster Station - every 15 minutes during business hours
- New Westminster Sky Train Station - take bus #112 - Edmonds Station - every 15 minutes during business hours
- 22nd Street Sky Train Station - take bus #128 - Braid Station - every 15-20 minutes during business hours.
- Braid Sky Train Station - take bus $128 - 22nd Street Station - every 15-20 minutes during business hours.
Parking is never easy, but we are located in a place where there's lots of free street parking. Check out 8th Ave and Hamilton Street, unrestricted parking (both streets are just up, or down, from our building). The parking meters in front of the building are limited to 2 hours only. Click Here for Map
FOODSAFE Level 1 is delivered as an eight hour face-to-face class. Please arrive on time as the instructor will start on time. Here's a typical training day:
- 8:00am - Registration opens
- 9:00am - Class starts
- 10:30am - Break time (15 minutes)
- 10:45am - Class continues
- 12:30pm - Lunch Break (30 minutes) - No meal provided (there are many restaurants in the area)
- 1:00pm - Class continues
- 2:30pm - Break time (15 minutes)
- 2:45pm - Class continues
- 4:00pm - FOODSAFE Exam
- 5:00pm - End of the day, Temporary Certificates issued
Businesses and community groups may hire certified FOODSAFE instructors to provide customized training.
- You may arrange for special classes for your employees.
- You may send your employees to one of our regularly scheduled classes
- You may invite our instructors to speak to your employees
- Teachers may invite our instructors to speak to your class or school
FOODSAFE Level 1 is a food handling, sanitation and work safety course designed for front line food service workers such as cooks, servers, bussers, dishwashers, deli workers and health care providers. The course covers important food safety and worker safety information including foodborne illness, receiving and storing food, preparing food, serving food, cleaning and sanitizing. Reference: foodsafe.ca/foodsafe_level1
Yes. Let us know when you register if you would like to have your exam in a language other than English. Reference: foodsafe.ca/main/faq
A1 Food Safe is able to provide the exam in the following languages:
Yes, the FOODSAFE Level 1 Student Workbook is also available in French, Chinese, Korean and Punjabi. Let us know in advance if you would like to have your workbook in a language other than English. Reference: foodsafe.ca/main/faq There is a $10 surcharge to provide the handbook in another language, but please remember the course is taught in English.
As of July 29, 2013, all FOODSAFE Level 1 certificates issued in British Columbia have a five-year expiry date. FOODSAFE Level 1 certificates issued prior to July 29, 2013, are valid until July 29, 2018. To help FOODSAFE Level 1 certificate holders keep their food safety knowledge up to date, a short FOODSAFE Level 1 Refresher course is offered online by Open School BC. The approximately three-hour refresher course covers all the essentials of the FOODSAFE Level 1 training program. A grade of 80% must be achieved in the exam to be recertified. Reference: foodsafe.ca/main/faq
The BC Health Act: Food Premises Regulation, Part 3, Division 2 - Training, Foodsafe Training 10 states that:
- Every operator of a food service establishment must hold a certificate, issued by a health official, for the successful completion of the food handler training program known as FOODSAFE or its equivalent.
- Every operator of a food service establishment must ensure that, while the operator is absent from the food service establishment, at least one employee present in the establishment holds the certificate referred to in subsection (1).